We understand the importance of responsible communication with the market, the employees and other stakeholders in our Group. For years we have been regularly publishing our financial statements and management reports while the high quality of our investor relations was recognized with numerous prestigious awards that we received. More information on this item can be found Chapter 1 – Our business.
The current report is the third report on non-financial matters published by Cyfrowy Polsat Capital Group. It has been developed in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative Standard in its Core version and the amended Polish Accounting Act. Our Report covers Cyfrowy Polsat Capital Group, and in particular the data related to the following companies:
- Cyfrowy Polsat,
- Telewizja Polsat (TV Polsat).
When looking from the point of view of the generated revenue, assets held and the nature of operations, it is the above-mentioned parties that are the key companies of our Group, and in our view they provide the basis for comprehensive description of our business. While responding to the requirements of the amended Accounting Act, all the data is presented with breakdown to the above mentioned companies including, in particular, the data for our dominant party, i.e. Cyfrowy Polsat S.A.
Netia S.A., the provider of broadband Internet access and IPTV service offered under the brand “Telewizja Osobista” (Personal TV) as well as a number of special services for B2B customers, is an integral part of our Group. Netia, being a listed company, publishes a separate non-financial report which can be accessed at its
This report was not subject to an external audit.
1The data concerns Polkomtel and Polkomtel Infrastruktura
Standard Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
is an international standard for reporting responsible business and sustainable growth for companies. Reporting principles defined by GRI have been created as an international framework for reporting on economic, environmental and social aspects of functioning of organizations. They account for the practical aspects of functioning of diverse organizations, from small firms to international organizations/companies who conduct their operations worldwide.
Just like in previous years, our report has been compiled in line with the rules defined by the GRI Standard, thus while creating the publication we went through the processes of identification, prioritization and validation. In 2019 we did not hold a dialog session. Instead we used the data collected in November 2016 during the survey relying on AA1000SES international dialog standard, since in our reality the aforementioned data did not lose its validity in any of the discussed areas. The discussion held in 2016 was attended by the representatives of 20 entities operating in our business environment. As assumed, the dialog defined the strategic topics which we have included in our corporate social activities as well as in the present report. The discussion held during the dialog session in 2016 enabled us to prepare the Relevance Matrix – a set of the topics from the area of corporate social responsibility which are most important for the Group and for its stakeholders and which, in our opinion – taking into account the scope of the issues raised in our day-to-day contacts with the Group’s stakeholders and based on the discussions with the managers – remained valid also in 2019.
List of key topics for Cyfrowy Polsat Capital Group – the topics which have been indicated as most important by the organization and the stakeholders:
Business and market:
- influence of CPCG on Polish economy and legislative environment,
- CSR management approach disclosures,
- corporate ethics and governance (including risk management and prevention of corrupt practices),
- responsibility in relations with customers (including quality of customer service, satisfaction surveys, management of complaints, customer data and privacy protection, assurance of safety of the children using the Internet),
- responsible marketing communication and advertising,
- responsibility while building TV messages (including protection of intellectual property and copyrights, editorial standards, educational value of the topics related to sustainable growth, promotion of right attitudes),
- product quality,
- innovation (including investments in research and development).
- working conditions,
- education and development of employees,
- work safety.
Positive influence on the social environment:
- activities carried out for local communities (via the Polsat Foundation, the Group and corporate volunteering),
- prevention of digital exclusion,
- safety, offered thanks to the products and the services provided by Plus network,
- sponsoring of sports events,
- promoting active lifestyle thanks to promotion of sports.
Minimization of adverse impact on natural environment:
- health and safety of products and services (throughout the entire lifecycle of a product),
- waste management.