Our attitude and philosophy #CyfrowaOdpowiedzialnosc
We pursue our social mission (#DigitalResponsibility) in the fields of safety and security, aid to children and promotion of sports.
Corporate Social Responsibility in Cyfrowy Polsat Group
ICT security management
Cooperation in the field of cybersecurity
Fight against copyright piracy
Safety of products and services
Cooperation with rescue services
Aid to children
Promotion of sport and physical activity
Thousand of hours of sport broadcasts
Support of amateur and professional sport events
Education regarding a healthy lifestyle
Through our efforts we strive to make sure that, on the one hand, the implementation of respective projects is consistent with the list of topics which are of key importance for Cyfrowy Polsat Group (as indicated by the external and internal stakeholders), and on the other that it is a response to the selected UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
List of key topics for Cyfrowy Polsat Group in respective areas
Business and market
Influence of Polsat Group on Polish economy and legislative environment
Corporate ethics and management
Responsible marketing communication
Responsible while building TV messages
Education and development of employees
Prevention of digital exclusion
Safety of products and services
Promotion of sport and active lifestyle
Sustainable Development Goals which are being implemented in Cyfrowy Polsat Group
By analyzing all the Sustainable Development Goals, we have decided to choose the ones which are most important from our point of view, i.e. the ones which we pursue as the elements of our best practice and other business projects.
GOAL 1. END TO POVERTY
- involvement in charity actions whose mission is to combat poverty and social exclusion (employee volunteering activities).
GOAL 3. GOOD HEALTH AND GOOD QUALITY OF LIFE
- POLSAT Fundation’s mission (it includes big nationwide campaigns, with the income from such campaigns being used for medical treatment and rehabilitation of children),
- purchase by POLSAT Fundation’s of medical equipment for hospitals and other institutions providing healthcare to children,
- promotion of sports and healthy lifestyle (including by broadcasting coverage of sports events in TV Polsat, dedicated educational programs and participation of Polsat Biega track team in key running events).
GOAL 4. GOOD QUALITY EDUCATION
- permanent cooperation of Plus network with the Copernicus Science Centre,
- educating on safety in the mountains and by the water during summer and winter vacation events,
- charity actions with an aim to support the development of disabled children – carried out as part of the employee volunteering activities,
- know-how transfer and exchange of experience among our employees during big projects carried out in various Cyfrowy Polsat Group companies.
GOAL 8. ECONOMIC GROWTH AND DECENT WORKING CONDITIONS
- respect for human rights,
- diversity in the workplace,
- development of employees’ skills,
- stable workplace, employees with long track record in the organization,
- Company Social Benefits Fund (ZFŚS), fringe benefits, promotion of healthy lifestyle,
- employee volunteering,
- communication of the non-financial report (inside and outside the organization).
GOAL 9. INNOVATION, INDUSTRY, INFRASTRUCTURE
- Crowd+ Program
- encouragement for all Poles to act for the benefit of the natural environment (Clean Poland Program Society),
- improving the energy efficiency and avoiding unnecessary electricity consumption,
- regular development of access to the Internet with the use of state-of-the-art technologies,
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
GOAL 12. RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
- environment-friendly products (minimal use of raw materials during production, elimination of unnecessary packaging, efficient distribution and effective recycling of the products once their lifecycle ends),
- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certificates in the field of electronic telecommunication equipment and consumer electronics design and manufacturing awarded to our InterPhone Service factory,
- ISO 9001:2015 certificate (care for the high quality of the services offered) and ISO 14001:2015 (corporate ecological responsibility in the areas of sale of telecommunication products and services as well as sale of electricity, customer service and customer retention) awarded to Polkomtel.
GOAL 13. CLIMATE-RELATED ACTIVITIES
- joint care for the natural environment, air, water and nature (Clean Poland Program Society / Stowarzyszenie Program Czysta Polska),
- identification of essential areas of environmental impact,
- on-going control of raw materials consumption,
- electricity saving,
- waste management and delivery of waste materials to specialized recycling firms,
- testing the influence that radio transmitters have on the environment,
- promotion of pro-ecological attitudes among employees.
We listen to the voices from our business environment. That is why we have identified our key stakeholders so as to exploit fully the potential benefits that we can derive from the proper relations with the respective stakeholder groups.
Polsat Group’s Stakeholders
Sposoby i częstotliwość zaangażowania interesariuszy oraz kluczowe dla nich kwestie znajdują się w pełnej wersji raportu
- natural persons and companies
- subscribers of pay TV and telecommunications services
- IPLA users
- present employees and their families
- potential employees
Regulators and state institutions
- KRRiT (National Broadcasting Council), UKE (Office of Electronic Communication), UOKiK (Competition and Consumer Protection Office)
- UODO (Personal Data Protection Office)
- GIOŚ (Chief Inspectorate for Environmental Protection), local government institutions
- GUS (Main Statistical Office), KNF (Financial Supervision Authority), KRS (National Court Register)
- Council of Ministers
- Parliament and Senate
- European Commission, European Parliament and European Council
- National Media Council
- Digitization Council
- content providers, including TV stations and producers
- suppliers of end-user equipment
- suppliers of components for production of our own end-user equipment
- suppliers of network and other infrastructure elements
- service providers
- media market players
- telecommunication market players
- digital services market players
Shareholders and investors, analysts, financial institutions
- capital market players
- brokerage house analysts
- institutional and individual investors
- rating agencies
National and sector media
- the prasa
- the Internet
- advertisers and advertising brokers
- scientific institutions
- industry organization and chambers of commerce
- sport associations
- social and environmental organizations
- cultural institutions
- mountain rescue units (GOPR, TOPR)
- water rescue units (MOPR, WOPR)
Dialogue with the stakeholders | Continuation
While preparing for the publication of the first report on non-financial information, we organized a dialogue session with the key stakeholders of Cyfrowy Polsat Capital Group. Expectations regarding our CSR activities included among others:
- a strategic approach to business responsibility,
- activities related to the development of a responsible message,
- transparent and detailed communication regarding the social involvement of the company,
- monitoring of environmental impact.
In 2019, as a result of the Group’s growing interest in the issues related to environmental impact, energy efficiency and use of renewable energy sources were added to the list of key topics.
How do we shape our market environment?
Apart from direct contacts with stakeholders, we shape our market environment also through membership in industry associations. We are members of, among others:
- Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Polish Chamber of Commerce for Electronics and Telecommunications
- Polish Chamber of Digital Broadcasting
- IAB Poland
- Association of TV Programs Distributors SYGNAŁ
- Polish Internet Research
- Advertising Council
- Creative Poland Association
- Polish Association of Listed Companies.
How do we respond to the expectations of the stakeholders and of our market environment?
Non-financial report | Continuation
In March 2020 we published the third “Report of Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. Capital Group and Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. on non-financial information for 2019”:
- the report contains 67 GRI indicators (numerical and descriptive) which are used to discuss the basic information, profile information and our approach to management as well as the detailed thematic indicators from the ESG area – Economic, Environmental and Social;
- it also presents 25 best practice efforts, reflecting the SDG’s, 19 of which are continued from the preceding year while 6 are totally new projects.
Our CSR best practices concern above all activities addressed to employees, customers and the society. By accounting for the role that the business has (and that we have) in the implementation of UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s), a selected goal(s) from the list of 17 SDG’s is assigned to very best practice.